Java 7 update 25 release alert, please update your java to the most current version.
For all PCs and Macs using OSX 10.7 and 10.8, head to:
For a Mac using OSX 10.6, follow this link for the update: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1573
MAKE SURE YOU’RE DOWNLOADING THE CORRECT VERSION OF JAVA For your windows based computer, if you have a 64bit operating system, you need the 64bit version, if you have a 32bit operating system, you need the 64bit version.
To find out if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows in Windows 7 or Windows Vista, do the following:
- Open System by clicking the Start button or the microsoft logo in a button in the lower left corner of your screen, then right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
- Under System, you can view the system type.
If your computer is running Windows XP, do the following:
- Click Start.
- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- If you don't see "x64 Edition" listed, then you're running the 32-bit version of Windows XP.
- If "x64 Edition" is listed under System, you're running the 64-bit version of Windows XP.
- If you don’t see My Computer as an option after clicking start but you have the icon on your desktop called “My Computer” you can right click on that icon and select properties and then follow step 2.
You must uninstall older versions of java left on your Windows machines, please refer to this article for instructions and steps.
Purge your java cache after an update,
to do that on a PC,
- Click on the Start button at the bottom of your screen.
- Click on Control Panel
- Double-click on Java.
- Click on the Settings button (under Temporary Files) and then select Delete Files button, then click OK.
- Click OK again.
- Close the Java Control Panel.
On a Mac 10.7-10.8, you can clear out the java cache by
- Click on Apple icon at the top
- Click the System Preferences icon to open
- Click on Java icon located under the Other section to open Java Control Panel
- In Java Control Panel click on Settings under Temporary Internet Files
- Click on the Delete Files button on Temporary Internet Files window
- This will open the Delete Files and Applications window, click OK to confirm delete
On a Mac 10.6
Applications > Utilities > Java Preferences > Network > Delete Files
Select both file types in the pop up window.
If you are having problems updating please contact the virtual support center.